Are you comfortable using AWS, Azure, automation, and orchestration tools? Do you enjoy working with Kubernetes and Ansible, and are you eager to expand your expertise and learn new tech? Join Ataccama as a Deployment Engineer and help us shape the future of Ataccama deployment services.
- Provision, configure, and monitor cloud infrastructure and services, from popular open-source solutions to our in-house software.
- Troubleshoot and provide general expertise for cloud infrastructure.
- Actively participate in shaping the overall architecture of Ataccama managed services.
- Mentor and teach our colleagues on a variety of topics.
Is this you?
- We’re looking for someone with a background in Cloud or Site Reliability Engineering who’s eager to learn new tech and help us move our products to the cloud. We have a few requirements and a longer wishlist, but even if you don’t tick all the boxes, reach out to us! You might have some valuable talent and skills we need on the Ataccama team.
- You have a very good knowledge of GNU/Linux. Our software runs on it, and we use it daily on our laptops.
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code, using Terraform, ARM templates, Cloudformation, or others.
- You are comfortable with the newest CI/CD tools, setting up automation, configuration management, and others.
- You know your way around orchestration tools such as Ansible, Kustomize, and Helm charts.
- You’re well-versed in at least one cloud platform and its services. We run on AWS and Azure, and we use a lot of their tech!
- You have experience with HTTP servers like Nginx, Apache, HAProxy, Tomcat, or similar.
- You have some experience with networking stuff (OSI model, DHCP, routing).
- You’re knowledgeable in at least one programming language. Our software is written in Java and TypeScript, and the tooling around it is a mix of Python, Go, and Ruby.
Nice to have
- If you have an overview of security issues, that's a nice plus.
What we use
- We’re huge fans of automation, so our stack is built around tools that help us do less and gain more.
- Terraform to manage resources across different cloud providers
- Besides traditional packages deployment, you will find docker pretty much everywhere orchestrated by Kubernetes, Helm, and Kustomize
- Ansible to manage configuration as code
- We run on AWS and Azure, as well as our own and customer hardware
- We love collecting application logs and metrics with ELK Stack, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Gitlab runs our CI/CD pipelines
Perks & Benefits
- A collaborative, transparent, and engaging culture, working with awesome technology
- Experienced team to support your professional growth
- Room to adjust and expand your role based on your individual skills and interests
- Competitive compensation package and perks (corporate discounts on travel, fitness, attractions and shopping)
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Annual package of counseling sessions to support your mental health & well-being
- Lucrative employee referral program
- Learning and development support (including conferences, workshops and certifications)
- Healthy snacks and refreshments in the kitchen
- Company and team social events throughout the year
- Excellent office location in downtown Toronto, close to Union station
We offer equal opportunities
Ataccama is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know diversity fuels knowledge exchange, fosters innovation, and empowers us to grow and be better as a company and as humans. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.