What you’ll do 🚀
- Invent novel solutions - or re-purpose existing ones - to automate complex, time-consuming tasks in the data management world.
- Build reproducible, general, and intelligent algorithms to help our clients find connections and insights hidden in their data.
- Prototype, experiment, evaluate, and collaboratively discuss different approaches.
- Cooperate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to integrate algorithms into the product.
- Stay up to date with the latest, state-of-the-art approaches in AI/ML.
Is this you? 💪
- You have a high degree of integrity, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence.
- You are not afraid of transparently admitting that you feel clueless sometimes (Hint: Show the strength to admit weaknesses and ask for help. People with big, fragile egos don’t work well with us).
- You are creative, and you take initiative in generously helping others.
- You can work in a self-driven as well as team-cooperative manner - with little to no micromanagement.
- You have a long-term product-based vision, ownership and commitment, and you take joy in continuously serving greater causes wherever you see these opportunities.
- You feel comfortable reading dense, scientific papers and applying gained knowledge.
- You are familiar with Deep Learning concepts as well as classic / statistical / ML algorithms, such as clustering, classification, regression, etc.
- You are comfortable with Python.
- You are familiar with algorithms, data structures, and their efficiency.
What gives you an edge 💪
- Industry or academic hands-on experience with applied ML.
- Experience with Entity / Record-Linkage, Canonicalisation, Deduplication, Reference Data, Data Mastering, Representation Learning
- Knowledge of probability theory and statistics.
- Experience with Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, Keras, Tensorflow, etc.
- Software engineering skills to support CI / CD of ML features.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a similar field (optional but not mandatory).
Your team 😍
- You will work with one more AI researcher in MDM team. There are 5 other AI researchers spread across different teams, and we all meet to discuss our work on a weekly basis.
- You’ll also get a buddy to help you with onboarding, learning the workflow specifics, work culture and any questions you might have in the beginning stages :)
- If you want to learn more about our Product & Engineering structure, how it works, and why our teams are called Spaceports, you can take a look at our Chief Product & Technology Officer Martin Zahumensky’s articles where he describes this and more in full detail.
Why this role matters and what does success look like 💡
- Ever since AI and automation promised the future, humanity has always dreamt of automating tedious, time-consuming manual work and freeing up time for what we do best -> creativity, adaptivity, and large-scale collaboration.
- Most of us are held back not by our problem-solving ability, but by clunky, unintuitive systems that hinder decision-making at the highest level, concentrating power in the hands of a few. Building a better post-pandemic world means building sophisticated, yet intuitive systems, easily usable without any explicit domain expertise. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, after all. That’s why we’re passionate about democratizing crucial decision-making to as many people as possible, and truly unlocking global, large-scale cooperation to tackle modern problems.
- The secret to success in this role? It’s all about impactful, usable AI-powered features in our Platform-as-a-Solution (PaaS) product. Unlike most project-based work, where success is measured by the sheer number of AI features (that may or may not be useful to anyone in the end), at Ataccama, we have a strong preference for quality over quantity - with an emphasis of serving our customers and being their long-term business partners. This doesn’t mean that you’d be too busy with bureaucratic processes to do research. We’re constantly striving to strike a healthy balance between purely academic research exercises and traditional, conservative enterprise product development. This means that you’ll get plenty of time to play with various ideas - all driven by the requirement to make them usable in the end (Read more here). The teams are empowered to come up with promising/value-adding solutions for our clients; and enjoy extensive support during the entire process - material or otherwise.
- If you think this might be you, please apply. We’d love to chat with you, either online or in-person, to see if we’re a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
We offer equal opportunities
Ataccama is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know diversity fuels knowledge exchange, fosters innovation, and empowers us to grow and be better as a company and as humans. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.