We are Ataccama, a Global software company developing a cutting-edge data management platform. We’ve grown from a team of 20 to 350+, and we aren’t stopping anytime soon!
Our Toronto team is now looking for In-House Legal Counsel–are you up to the challenge? We need a passionate negotiator to help us drive legal innovation forward and be our go-to person for all things related to employment law. As our In-House Legal Counsel, you’ll handle essential legal duties including working with colleagues on internal teams to review compliance measures, as well as liaising with third-party bodies.
- Negotiate. Write and execute agreements and contracts on behalf of the company, including licensing agreements.
- Advise. Provide comprehensive, accurate and practical advice regarding various legal issues including employment law.
- Collaborate. Work with cross-functional internal teams to review compliance measures and formulate responses.
- Drive. Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines, increase efficiencies for handling a significant volume of contracts, and be productive in fast-paced environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Study. Stay up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect our business and specific industry.
- Support. Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicate. Correspond with and manage any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Research. Follow and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company.
Is this you?
- Qualified lawyer/solicitor licensed to practice law in Canada.
- At least 2 years of practice in business law gained at a major Canadian law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company.
- Knowledge of US and UK law.
- Knowledge of technology and commercial law, data protection and privacy law, intellectual property law.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- Skilled in building and maintaining strong professional relationships across the business.
- The ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- Thrives in a highly autonomous role.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines.
Perks & Benefits
- A collaborative, transparent, and engaging culture, working with awesome technology
- Experienced team to support your professional growth
- Room to adjust and expand your role based on your individual skills and interests
- Competitive compensation package and perks (corporate discounts on travel, fitness, attractions and shopping)
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Annual package of counseling sessions to support your mental health & well-being
- Lucrative employee referral program
- Learning and development support (including conferences, workshops and certifications)
- Healthy snacks and refreshments in the kitchen
- Company and team social events throughout the year
- Excellent office location in downtown Toronto, close to Union station
HR Manager, North America
We offer equal opportunities
Ataccama is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know diversity fuels knowledge exchange, fosters innovation, and empowers us to grow and be better as a company and as humans. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.