We are Ataccama, and we are on a mission to democratize access to high-quality data. Ataccama ONE, our flagship product, is a unified data management platform that empowers both technical and less technical ‘data people’ across their organizations to create high-quality, governed, safe, and reusable data products.
As one of the biggest players in the global Data Management segment, Ataccama’s success has been validated by over 400 satisfied customers around the world. It’s what made us a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant® for Data Quality Solutions™, and what inspired Bain Capital Tech Opportunities to invest in our future growth in June of 2022. When you join Ataccama, you step into an #UnlimitedPlayground where you’re free to explore your interests, build your skills, push boundaries in your industry, and even help redefine it.
You can find our friendly & talented bunch of 500+ Ataccamers in our offices in Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, New York, London, Prague, Bratislava, and Sofia. With over 30+ nationalities from 6 continents, there’s always someone willing to lend a hand, offer advice, or just kick back over hangout.
- Build a truly self-service application for business users so they can work with data even without learning SQL or needing assistance from more technically-skilled colleagues. We are democratizing access to data and making it available to anyone within an organization who needs it.
- Find ways to automate most activities users must do to reduce the time needed to prepare data, allowing them to actually use the data for their work, and make data-driven decisions.
- Create a product that contains all the features enterprise solutions must-have, while making it super-easy to use. We want to refute the myth that enterprise software must be ugly and painful to use–it’s a lie!
- Take end-to-end ownership of the whole product and not just blindly focus on coding.
What you will do
- Understand data management and write solutions suitable for DM domains. This means designing scalable systems, ready to perform under huge amounts of data.
- Cooperate on software architecture. In Ataccama, anyone can propose and drive changes in our code’s architecture and design. You’ll need to work with microservices, messaging systems, and API designs covering different parts of the system.
- Solve complex problems in data management, with an emphasis on performance.
- Write clean, well-designed, documented, and testable code. We expect software engineers to understand and promote industry standards and best practices.
- Take responsibility for your work, from code to production. We promote ownership of our work and expect you to deliver software that’s ready to deploy and run in cloud environments.
- Take part in discussions and decisions that impact the way our product is designed and written.
- Be a team player, one who collaborates both within the team and outside it.
Is this you?
- You see challenges as opportunities. You’re ready to jump in and find what works.
- You’re not afraid of complex applications, and you don’t mind doing some research when engines require complex algorithms and data structures to work efficiently.
- You enjoy constantly learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others.
Our tech stack
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot, Kotlin, GraphQL, Python, jOOQ
- Big data: Spark, Redshift, Snowflake
- Frontend: TypeScript, React/Vue, Apollo, Nx, MobX, Styled Components
- Storage: Postgres, Elastic, Minio
- Infrastructure: GitLab CI/CD, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure
- If you want to learn more about our Product & Engineering structure, how it works, and why our teams are called Spaceports, you can take a look at our Chief Product & Technology Officer Martin Zahumensky’s articles where he describes this and more in full detail.
Perks & Benefits
- Full compensation during the probation period
- 13th salary
- 15 days of vacation
- Maximal value of social & health insurance
- Premium Healthcare
- Online company language courses
- Conference tickets to the best industry events of the year
- Online courses & company access to Udemy to hone your skills
While we highly value cooperation with all our business partners, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. We reserve the right not to pay any fee for sending an unsolicited offer containing the details or resume of a job candidate, even if the relevant candidate is employed by our company.
We offer equal opportunities
Ataccama is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know diversity fuels knowledge exchange, fosters innovation, and empowers us to grow and be better as a company and as humans. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.